News & Events
News and upcoming events for AFCU.
2018 Tax Information
If applicable, your 2018 tax forms will be enclosed with the statement you receive in January. Keep in mind that forms 1098 and 1099 are only required if you earned $10 or more in dividends or you have paid more than $600 in real estate finance charges. If you are enrolled in e-statements, these forms were included as an attachment. IRA tax forms will be mailed separately.
Board Candidates Announced
Members Hugh Burgess, Dean Woods and Wayne Selman have been nominated for re-election to the AFCU Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving as a board member, you must complete a volunteer application and present a petition to the Nominating Committee signed by at least 1% of our membership (135 signatures) by February 22, 2019. If no petitions are received, no ballots will be mailed and the candidates listed above will be re-elected.
Seven Steps to a Successful Budget
The new year is here and you want to set goals for 2019! Budgeting can be a simple and straightforward process. Here are seven steps to help you create a successful budget.
- Discuss Values – Determine what is most important to the people involved in your budget, or spending plan.
- Set Goals – Begin setting goals by discussing with family members what each one may want to do with their money. An example of a goal might be to save for a child’s education.
- Determine Income – Figure out your net pay, or the money that is left over after deductions.
- Determine Expenses – What are the expenses in your budget? Consider fixed, variable and periodic expenses.
- Create a Plan – Design a spending plan so that your income will allow you and your family to have what you want and need.
- Keep Track of Expenses – Keep a record of expenses to see where your money is being spent.
- Evaluate Your Plan – Periodically evaluate your spending plan. Is the plan still helping you meet your needs and achieve your goals?
Remember that budgeting is the cornerstone of your family’s financial plan and a guide to help you achieve your goals.
As a member of Anderson Federal Credit Union, you can take advantage of the GreenPath financial wellness program, a free financial education and counseling program. To use this service, simply call 1-877-337-3399 or visit them on the web at www.greenpathREF.com