News & Events
News and upcoming events for AFCU.
Coleman Gary Memorial Scholarship
Congratulations to Joshua T. Brown, a senior at BHP High School, who was awarded the Coleman Gary Memorial Scholarship at our Annual Meeting in April. This $2500 scholarship is awarded to a BHP senior every year to honor past AFCU President, Coleman Gary. It recognizes young men and women who are devoted to serving their community, just as Coleman did. Joshua plans to attend Clemson University and pursue a career in software engineering or some related computer scince field.
Joshua is pictured with his parents, Cindy and Allen Brown, and members of the Gary family.
Seven Steps to a Successful Budget
The new year is here and you want to set goals for 2019! Budgeting can be a simple and straightforward process. Here are seven steps to help you create a successful budget.
- Discuss Values – Determine what is most important to the people involved in your budget, or spending plan.
- Set Goals – Begin setting goals by discussing with family members what each one may want to do with their money. An example of a goal might be to save for a child’s education.
- Determine Income – Figure out your net pay, or the money that is left over after deductions.
- Determine Expenses – What are the expenses in your budget? Consider fixed, variable and periodic expenses.
- Create a Plan – Design a spending plan so that your income will allow you and your family to have what you want and need.
- Keep Track of Expenses – Keep a record of expenses to see where your money is being spent.
- Evaluate Your Plan – Periodically evaluate your spending plan. Is the plan still helping you meet your needs and achieve your goals?
Remember that budgeting is the cornerstone of your family’s financial plan and a guide to help you achieve your goals.
As a member of Anderson Federal Credit Union, you can take advantage of the GreenPath financial wellness program, a free financial education and counseling program. To use this service, simply call 1-877-337-3399 or visit them on the web at www.greenpathREF.com