Use your AFCU card at any ATM that displays the logos above. However, if the machine is not listed below, there will be a surcharge by the owner institution and a $1.00 transaction fee by the credit union.
Exception: CO-OP ATMs do not have a surcharge, but the $1.00 transaction fee will apply. For a complete list of CO-OP ATMs, visit www.co-opatm.org to search by city and state.
Fee Free ATM's*
ATM's are also located within several plants in Anderson. However, access is restricted to employees.
7-Eleven, 202 Anderson St.
7-Eleven, 2 Main St.
Honea Path, SC
Upstate Federal Credit Union, 430 N. Main St.
SC State CU, 139 Anderson Hwy
SC Telco FCU, 118 Brushy Creek Rd.
7-Eleven, 320 W. Front St.
SC State CU, 12015 N. Radio Station Rd.
Upstate FCU, 4 Roberts Blvd.
*ATM's listing in blue are owned by AFCU. Surcharges on the other ATM's not owned by AFCU are subject to change. However, please contact AFCU for reimbursement if a fee is charged at one of these machines.
How do I change my address?
A “Change of Address” notification can be sent using our Secure eMail Message Center. You will need to register the first time you use this service, but unlike regular email, this system protects any private information that is exchanged.
A Change of Address form is printed on the back of your statement or loan payment coupon. This can be mailed, faxed, or brought to any branch.
Mail: AFCU, P.O. Box 2427, Anderson, SC 29622
Contact an employee to complete an address change form.
With Online Bill Payment through Check Free, you can pay your bills and send money online.
- Pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check, automatic debit or cash. If the person or company can’t accept electronic payments, we print a check and mail it for you.
- Review your bills and payments for the past 84 months in Bill History. You can download your payment info to a comma-separated values (CSV) file. You can import the file into a number of different personal financial software applications.
- Send money by email or text message with Popmoney.
- Transfer money from one account to another.
- E -bills. Save a trip to the mailbox or another website to get your bills. Some of your bills can be delivered right in Online Bill Payment. You can view your e-bills in Payment Center and pay them with a few simple clicks. You decide how much you want to pay and when you want to send the payment.
- Automatic Payments. You can set up automatic payments to be sent according to a schedule you set. You can change or cancel automatic payments at any time.
- Automatic Payments for E-bills. You can set up some e-bills to be paid automatically according to options you set. You can change or cancel automatic payments for e-bills at any time.
Log on to Online Banking and click on the Bill Payment tab. There is an option to view Bill Pay FAQ after you enroll in Bill Pay Services through Check Free.
Help is available through a CheckFree representative by calling 1-877-351-5441.
CALL 24 is a free 24 hour automated phone service you can use to access your account information by calling 296-5010 or 1-800-782-7290. To access the system, use your savings account number.
Initially, it is the last four digits of the primary member’s Social Security Number. However, when using the system for the first time, you will be directed to change the PIN.
How do I reorder checks?
- From the links section on this page, choose Check Re-Order.
- If none of the information printed on your checks is changing, you can re-order by phone at 1-877-585-8777.
- Bring your check re-order form to any branch.
Yes, VISA Classic and VISA Platinum credit cards are available. Click here to apply online or visit any branch for a credit card application
- Within the U.S., call 1-877-524-7401.
- Outside of the U.S. call 703-463-2466.
Call 1-800-524-7401. Service is available 24 hours a day.
AFCU Visa cardholders earn 1 point for every dollar spent (excluding cash advances) using their card. These points can be redeemed for merchandise, travel, activities packages and event tickets. Your point total will be listed on your Visa statement every month or you can view the information online at www.uchooserewards.com. After registering a username and password, you will be able to view all the rewards available.
How can I get a free copy of my credit report?
From the AFCU home page, click on Resources and choose Free Annual Credit Report from the links. Or, call 1-877-322-8228 to request one free copy of your credit report per year from all three credit bureaus. Although your credit score will not be included, there is an option to include this for a small fee.
Call 1-800-992-3808 from a phone number associated with your account to reset your PIN.
Please call 864-225-1254 and select Option 4. This will transfer you to our AFCU cardholder helpdesk.
The daily limit on debit cards is $750 for debit transactions and $500 for ATM withdrawals, per cardholder. ATM card daily withdrawal limits are $500 per day, per cardholder.
What is AFCU’s routing number?
253 278 139
After registering, you will receive an email when your eStatement is ready unless you opted not to receive email notifications. The email will contain a secure link to a site where your statement is posted.
If you choose not to receive email notifications, this is how you would access your eStatement by:
- Online Banking Users: Logon to Online Banking and click the eStatement tab
Non-Online Banking Users: From the home page, click on eStatements under the eBranch heading.
Yes, you will need to register for Online Banking in order to view eStatements.
If you have Adobe Acrobat Rader on your computer, you’re all set. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can click here for your free download.
Any up-to-date browser should work. We would recommend Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, Firefox version 3 or higher, Safari version 4 or higher, or any version of Chrome.
Click here or if you are an Online Banking user, login and locate the Online Statement link. You can find this by clicking any of your accounts.
Once you’ve completed the registration process, you will receive an email confirming your successful registration.
Generally, the last 12 statements are available for viewing.
From the home page, click the login button at the top of the page. Click the eStatement link towards the bottom of that menu. Click on the “Forgot Your Username” link. The system will prompt you to provide additional information. You can choose to display the username or have an email sent with the username.
From the homepage, click on the login button at the top of the page. Click the eStatements link towards the bottom of that menu. Key in your username and then you will be directed to another screen that asks for your password. Click on the “Forgot Your Password” link. After answering two account questions correctly, you can create a new password.
You can provide your new email address for eStatement notification from the secure site by selecting “Settings” and then choosing “Email Address.”
Changes to your operating system software such as upgrades, downloads, and/or system enhancements can affect your computer’s ability to connect with secure sites like AFCU. Make sure you are using the correct and/or most up to date versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader, your browser, etc.
After you are on our secure eStatement site, click on the Settings heading and choose Discontinue/Resume Accounts. Click the discontinue box. Or, you can contact an employee at any branch to cancel eStatements. *When you make this change to paper statements, keep in mind that a Statement Fee may apply.
- Stop by one of our full service branches
- Bring a valid state photo ID. If your current address is different than what is listed on the ID, bring a utility bill, lease agreement or payroll statement with the correct address.
Checking Overdraft Protection Loans
Share Secured Loans
Real Estate Loans
Mail loan payments to AFCU, P.O. Box 2427, Anderson SC 29622
Yes, if your payment has not been set up to automatically draft from your account, you can use Online Banking, Mobile Money or CALL 24 to transfer the funds.
Yes, if you prefer to pay using a debit check from another financial institution, you can provide us with the routing number and checking account number for processing. If you use Online Banking, there is also an option to use a Bank to Bank transfer for loan payments.
Mobile Money allows anyone registered for Online Banking to access their account information from a mobile phone. You can use the mobile browser service to:
- Check your account balances
- Review recent account activity
- Transfer money between accounts
Log in to your Online Banking account. Clock on the Self Serve tab and choose Mobile Money. Register your phone number with your online banking account. A text will be sent to you with a link that you should bookmark for future access to Mobile Money.
To ensure the safety and privacy of your account information, we provide some key security features in Mobile Money.
- Unique Activation Code- We send you a unique activation code to verify your hone number. This code associates your mobile phone with your account. The verification also lets you know your mobile phone number has been successfully registered in our system.
- Authentication- You are authenticated for every interaction with Mobile Banking.
- Encryption- We use 128-bit encryption for all transactions.
- Fraud Detection- We incorporate mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Auditability- We provide full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
- No Identifiable Information- We don’t return any personally identifiable information in a text message, such as your full account number, e-mail address, or personal address. We never ask for or include your user ID or password in any message we send.
What if my name has changed due to a marriage or divorce?
For security reasons, name changes can only be processed by visiting a branch. You will need a copy of your new or revised driver's license or state ID.
From the homepage, click the login button at the top of the page, choose the First Time User link. Enter you saving account number, Call24 PIN, and Social Security Number. Create your Logon ID and security code using the guidelines. To further protect your security, you will also need to select and answer 5 challenge questions. You will then be prompted to enter a phone number to which you will receive a text or a phone call to receive a verification code.
Contact a Member Service Representative at 864-225-1254. They can retrieve your username.
You can reset it on your own in most cases, but if your email address is not correct in the system, you will need to contact a Member Service Representative first at 864-225-1254 or 1-888-378-4460. Logon to Online Banking using your username. Click on the “Forgot Password?” link. Follow the instructions to Reset your Password.
Contact a Member Service Representative at 864-225-1254 during business hours. (M-F 8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
Generally, you can view the last three (3) months of your account history.
In addition to the information on the method of payment you will be using you will need to know your Member Number, Loan Suffix, and Last Four of the SSN for the loan that you will be paying on. You can obtain this information from your monthly statement or if you use Online Banking it is listed there.
Here are 5 good reasons to register.
Convenience, Security, Economical-paperless, Easy to Enroll, and Most of all…Free!
Registered users can set up recurring payments as well as have payment information stored.
Yes. payments can be made at either option even if you are registered.
If you have the Member Number, Loan Suffix, and last four of the SSN for that account you would be able to make a payment. And if you are a registered user you can save all accounts that you make payments on to the same login.
Bank Account information is entered under the Wallet section at the top of the screen. Payments can be made from a checking or savings account.
You can use a VISA or Mastercard Debit Card.
Overdraft Protection is a line of credit connected to a checking account. It is designed to protect you from the embarrassment and cost of a returned item. If an item tries to clear your account and there are not enough funds to cover it, the exact amount needed to cover the item will be deposited from your line of credit. A notice is mailed to you to inform you of its activation. There is no monthly fee for this service. However, if the overdraft protection loan is used, you will be charged interest on the advance until it is paid back.
What is Overdraft Savings?
You can choose to use your savings account as an overdraft source for your checking account. This means if funds are not available in your checking account when an item tries to clear, the funds can be transferred from your savings account. There is no fee for this service, but you will need to complete an Overdraft Savings application. There is a limit of 6 transfers per month.
How many withdrawals can be made from my savings account per month?
Six free withdrawals are allowed per month. Additional withdrawals can be made, but fees may apply. Fees may also apply if you are using an ATM that is not owned by or affiliated with AFCU.
Is there a fee for paper statements?
If you are age 65 and older or age 18 and younger, there are no paper statement fees. Otherwise, a paper statement fee will apply unless you are using certain designated accounts that include free paper statements. Ask an employee for more details.
Should I notify AFCU when traveling?
Yes, this may help avoid any interruption of service regarding your AFCU Debit, ATM or Credit Card since our fraud protection services monitor any abnormal activity on your account.
All wires go through Vizo Financial.Their routing number is 253 184 317.
- Further credit to Anderson Federal Credit Union (Routing number 253 278 139)
- Final credit to your name and account number
No, not at this time.